Saturday, September 5, 2009

3 months old!


I must also make note that she is now 19 inches long!

Happy birthday Eden! Mommy loves you!


So I had some fun celebrations in mind for her "birthday" including a bubble bath, and some good cuddling. Those plans were quickly changed when I got a call at about 9 this morning from the doctor. (I should know better about making plans anyway, right?) Apparently early this morning Eden decided she was going to get the tube out on her own... and she did. The result = drama. They were able to reintubate her pretty quickly, without too much trouble I hear, which is really good, but now she's completly wiped out and will need a day to recover.

Everything went ok though, and it actually is probably a good thing because the vent tube she had in was a little old and starting to get very floppy and squishy. She now has a clean, very firm new tube and it's even a size bigger. So far everything is going well.

So back to the pictures:

We did some new footprints for her three month card. Luckily we did these yesterday before all the drama. We wouldn't have been able to do them today given the crazy morning circumstances. I couldn't resist the picture op though when I saw those cute little inked feet!



She is the most patient baby despite all that she has to go through.


I tried to get her to look at the camera and ended up taking about five different pictures - her eyes were looking in all directions except where I wanted them to! Oh well... this turned out cute still.


I hear the songs from this mobile in my sleep. Those songs and beeping...

3 comments:

Cocoroo said...

She is getting soooo BIG! She is adorable in spite of the tubes and wires. I liked the picture of you and her on her due date. I think you look beautiful there.


We are still hoping to get to meet her at Thanksgiving. We hope you can come to Kirma and Barry's. We wish you the very best!

Cathy Hanson

Jerilyn said...

Happy Birthday Eden :) She is so cute, I love the pictures! I still check your blog all the time, and have been praying for the best for your family!

Amber said...

Hang in there, I wish I had words to make it all better.....You are a good mommy. Eden is precious.