Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day in the hospital

The poor little babe is starting to learn that having that tube down her throat and her face covered in tape is not the most pleasant thing. She is getting really good and pushing against the vent connector and arching her head back at the same time. The result is not good because it just means she has to get retaped more frequently to make sure the tube stays in the right place (and that we don't have any unplanned extubations like we did on Saturday). So she got retaped last night, and they had to do it again first thing this morning. Her poor cheeks... ouch.


Don't take your bracelet off! It's still a little big so sometimes I find it wrapped in her blanket somewhere. But it's perfect, she's got room to grow into it!



Usually holidays are so fun and something different that breaks up the routines of daily life. Back in my previous life, the one that was very normal and routine, I used to really look forward to days like today when I would get the day off. I didn't think I would miss much once I was no longer a career woman, but today has made me realize that I do miss something about working - the day off for a holiday. Sigh... there are no days off around this place when one has a sick baby. Holidays are actually somewhat sad these days.

Oh well.... time will pass and these types of things will be fun again. And the biggest plus of all, they will be fun because Eden will be ready to celebrate with us!

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

No comments: