Thursday, September 17, 2009

The procedure went well

We are so grateful for all the prayers for Eden, especially yesterday as she went through her procedure. Everything went really well and we could not feel more grateful.

I was a little worried though as the day began because it was off to a rough start even before getting to the hospital. Brad and I left the house yesterday morning in separate cars and I desperately needed to get gas in the truck. So I debated whether or not I should stop, but was worried that if I didn't I might get stuck somewhere with an empty tank. So I drove to the gas station closest to the hospital, filled up and went to leave but all I got was clicking - the truck wouldn't start. Lovely - great timing! At this point I was just so anxious to get to the hospital to be with Eden that I was on the brink of abandoning that darn truck right there at the gas station.

As I was calling Brad to tell him to come resue me, a very nice man came and said he would be happy to give me a jump if I had some cables. Luckily, fate was on my side and I did happen to have some cables in my truck (I will never be without those things). So he got me going again just as Brad was getting back and we made the quick decision to just take it immediately over to the dealership across from the hospital and just leave it there for them to figure out. Turns out it just needed a new battery (the most expensive new battery installment ever) but it didn't matter what we had to do or pay, we just wanted to get it taken care of and get to the hospital with Eden.

So once we were at the hospital the waiting game began. We had no idea when they were going to take her for surgery, we just had to wait until they called. It was a long day and I was like a ball of anxiety for hours on end. They finally came and got her about 2 o'clock and then it became a different kind of waiting game. They brought her back with all good news though so we are just so grateful.

This week will be rough as she recovers and gets used to everything, but then we will be on the path to going home and everything will be so much better. She is currently on the ventilator still but they are saying that once she has recovered and is feeling better they will try to start weaning her from it. Hopefully that goes well and she will not need the vent for too long.

I will continue to post updates as we go along.

So now, what we've all been waiting for - a clean, tape free shot of her beautiful little face.

Eden, we love you so much and are so grateful for you. You are such a strong little girl and you remind us every day to be grateful for all we are blessed with. We can't wait to take you home! Love you baby.

11 comments:

The Jaramillo's said...

I couldn't wait to log on and get an update. I prayed all day and night for her. Eden, you are beautiful! So gald to hear it went well! On the road home! yeah!

janalee said...

I am so glad everything went well, I was thinking about you and sweet little Eden all day yesterday. Her sweet little face looks so precious!!

Harding Family said...

I was so anxious for an update! I checked like a million times this morning and was so excited to see you updated! It is so fun to see her tape free face! I am so glad things went as planned and everything went well. We love you all!

Jess & Jessica said...

Thank you for the post Lisa!! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I know that this decision was best for Eden even though it was probably a hard one to make. I can't wait to get her home and for her to start really making progress towards that goal. We love you guys.

Kristie said...

We are so glad everything went so well! She looks so great! I love her little chubby arm sticking out! It almost looks like she's flexing... She IS one tough little woman!

Riddlez said...

That is great news. I'm sure yesterday was one of the longest days ever. You guys are incredible. Eden is a total miracle and a real fighter. We're still praying for you and can't wait for you guys to be able to get home.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

Thank goodness that everything went well. I tried to call a few times but I know how busy you both are. I am glad she is oksy and what a cute little things she is! Love ya and good luck in the next couple days. We will continue to pray for her.

Jen Kesler said...

Woohoo...great news! She is so beautiful!

Abby said...

Oh what good news! She has been in our thoughts and prayers. And how wonderful to see her face without any of the tubes!

Erin said...

Why is it that car batteries an other similar items always conk out on already stressfull very important days. Thank goodness for nice men. Glad to hear it all went well. Hope you did some deep breathing at some point during the day.

Kristen Taylor said...

She is so beautiful! I am glad everything went well!!