I went to a really great baby shower and one of the games was to make a baby out of clay and the new mom to be would pick the winner. Well, I didn't win, but I thought my clay baby was pretty darn cute:
Yesterday we went to our first audiology appointment since leaving the NICU. We got some mixed news. Eden's left ear is great and she passed the hearing screen right away, but with the right ear they had to turn the frequency up quite a bit before she would hear anything. We aren't sure if Eden has permanent hearing loss, or if there is something that just needs to be fixed in there. If it isn't permanent, the doctor said it may just be a recessed ear drum, or there may be some fluid in the ear. So we are waiting to hear back from another doctor to go in and get some follow up testing done. We will see what happens! Hopefully it's something that just needs a little fixing!
4 comments:
I thought your clay baby was cute too. When I got home Addison wanted to play with mine and I forgot to get a picture of my "amazing" sculpting skills before he demolished it. ;) Eden is so cute and such a little joy!
Sorry to hear about Eden's ear drum. We will remember her ear in our prayers.
You all did an excellent job with your clay sculptures!!! I really liked yours though because it came with an awesome trach accessory. :P
I would like to comment on how similar Eden and Michael are, I was just reading about Michaels ears and when I read about Eden I was like....what?! :) Nice to know they are not alone.
Your baby is awesome...the one that won had to have been out of this world.
Hey, if there is anything we can do to help. If she does have hearing loss, we could teach you anything you need to know about sign language and stuff. Let us know!!
Post a Comment