Sunday, June 5, 2011

2 years old!!!

Sweet baby Eden is 2 years old! What a roller coaster ride the past two years has been. As I looked back through pictures, I struggled to pick and choose which ones to post so there are lots on here, and so many more that I had to leave out. It definitely brought back some crazy emotions as I scanned over the pictures from the past two years - both extreme happiness, and sincere sadness too.

Despite all the medical struggles Eden has faced, she was and continues to be such a happy little girl. She is such a great example to me and I strive everyday to be better because that's exactly what she deserves. Sometimes I get so down and frustrated with all we continue to face, but as I look back at the journey, I am in awe at what she has already accomplished and how far she has come.










When Eden was born her eyes were still fused shut. This picture was taken when she was over a week old and her eyes were just starting to open.























And here she is today with the same monkey from the previous picture in the NICU. It amazes me to this day that she was ever that tiny.



Eden we love you more than we could ever put in to words. You have changed our lives and changed who we are too. We love you baby... happy birthday! :)

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Too Cute! It is amazing how far she has come in the past two years! I LOVE the last picture,she is doing the sassy head tilt!! Congrats to all of you for all you have overcome in the last two years!

Leigh

Chad and Annie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Eden! We are so glad we know such a sweet and wonderful and miraculous girl! I can't believe she is already two! We love her and are so glad we have been able to watch her grow!!