Some friends of ours, Bret and Kristin Wynder, are amazing party hosts and have invited us to several of their parties but we have never been able to go before. We were so excited when we got invited to their Ugly Sweater Christmas Party because we were actually free and able to go. It was as fun as I imagined it would be. We had an absolute blast, and due to reading some reviews on Amazon for Haribo Gummy Bears, I got a better laugh than I've had in a long time. It's awesome when a crowd of friends start laughing because the laughter breeds more laughter until everyone is crying from laughing so hard. I loved it.
I found us a couple ugly sweaters from Savers but they weren't bad enough for Brad so he had to add some embellishments to them. I love that he gave me some dangling bead tassels and a pom-pom Christmas tree over my belly button. Ugly, but not ugly enough to win the ugliest sweater contest unfortunately.
As well as eating a lot of good food, we played some really fun games throughout the night. In this one the girls had to unwrap a Hershey kiss with one behind our back and the other hand in a stocking, and then we had to throw it into our husband's mouths. First one to get three in won. Brad and I lost it by a millisecond - it was sad, but so fun.
We had a white elephant gift exchange. Anyone who knows Brad knows how he feels about President Obama, so it was quite funny that this was one of the gifts we ended up with.
We actually ended up putting in on the Wynder's book shelf along with some of their regular decorations. They discovered it the next day I think even though we tried to blend it into their decor.
Here's some of the group with our white elephant gifts.
I also discovered at this party that I am hugely successful at stacking cups really quickly. We had a tournament and I basically owned it. I smoked the competition every time. Sweet success.
Brad was especially impressed with this new found skill. He insisted on another picture.
Ah good times… we had so much fun and love that we have so many great friends here.
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment