This little guy loves himself some media time. Whether it's watching TV or playing on my phone, he is hooked the second it's on. I have to go every Monday morning to get my Progesterone injections for the pregnancy and I gave him my phone to help keep him entertained while we waited. Now he has learned the routine and I pull into the parking lot and he says "Mommy poke time". As soon as we walk in the door he says "Mommy sit down" and then sticks out his hand "OK phone." He then proceeds to play it until the poke is done and then he gives it back and heads for the car. It's pretty cute.
This picture was taken before I moved him into the big bed in Eden's room, but I still can't resist cute sleeping pictures. He loved falling asleep with his light on and I loved always getting a last good look at him before I went to bed each night.
Bentley got the trains and train table for Christmas so that morning we had it out in our family room with all the gifts from Christmas. It wasn't meant to stay there, but that table still sits in my living room today and is a huge hit. I plan to move it upstairs, but right now they play with it so much and I know if I move it upstairs they won't play with it unless I'm up there too. So in the meantime, it still sits in our living room and is very well loved.
He still loves taking baths and playing in the water. I'm really looking forward to all the fun water play that we will experience this summer!
He loves to climb around on the furniture and follow Ruby up into the window. He also loves when he has food in his hands because Ruby will follow him around everywhere he goes and he thinks it's such a fun game. So far he doesn't seem to realize it's because of the food and he doesn't ever really end up giving her any, but she does a great job of cleaning up the crumbs he drops as they run around. He thinks it's hilarious and is entertained, and Ruby cleans for me - tt's a win-win for everyone involved.
Bentley has the best belly laugh. When he gets going, his laugh is so contagious and adorable. He is super ticklish so it's easy to get him going that way. He also thinks his cousin Jaxon is really funny and quite often gets a good laugh going when Jaxon is around.
For whatever reason, he has decided he doesn't like his middle name James. If we ever call him Bentley James, he yells, "NO JAMES!"
Bentley calls me "Lisa" now, especially if we have friends over and he hears them call me that. Also, if he is trying to get my attention by saying mom and I don't answer fast enough, he then starts calling me Lisa. He thinks it's pretty funny. He also says, "one second mom" when I ask him to do something. It never ends up being just one second though of course because he keeps saying "one second mom" for a long time as he continues whatever he is doing. Sometimes it really drives me crazy, and then I remember that he totally learned that from me!
Bentley talks so good and so much! Often times people are surprised at his age because he talks so well. He can pretty much communicate everything with me now, and is talking in sentences which is great. He just continues to surprise me with all the things he says and how well he communicates.
He is very polite and has such good manners! 99% of the time he is sure to say, "Thank you" or "Your welcome" and if I forget to have good manners and say "your welcome" after he has thanked me for something, than he says "your welcome mom" until I say it. He also says "Bless you" when someone sneezes and is very quick to say "Sorry" if someone gets hurt.
He loves colors and shapes. Sometimes he is completely off and says crazy things, but most of the time he can identify the basic colors when I ask him (green, red, blue, purple, orange, yellow), and he knows quite a few shapes and likes to point them out when he sees them (circle, star, diamond, oval, square, triangle). He also loves to count things and can count up to 14, except he does always skip 13. :)
He LOVES to sing and knows the words to quite a few songs. His nursery leaders at church tell me how much they love having him in singing time because he sings so loud and good. His favorite songs right, that he can pretty much sing in their entirety, are, "I am a Child of God" "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Rock a Bye, Don't You Cry". He also sings along to quite a few songs on the radio when we are in the car, but it's usually just parts of the chorus, or the last word of the sentences. It's so cute, and very impressive! Quite often as I'm driving, a new song will come on the radio and he excitedly says, "Oh I like this song!" and when it's over he says, "Yay! Good song!"
He is so funny and goofy. He loves to be silly and make us laugh. He is definitely more outgoing and crazy when it's just us at home though. He seems a little more reserved and calm when we are around lots of people, but he definitely isn't shy like his momma and sister!
He always gets so excited to pick Eden up from school. He waits right outside the door and as soon as the teacher opens it he goes running in screaming, "Hi Dee Dee!" and he will not let her get away without a hug and a kiss hello. She doesn't necessarily love it (I think because it draws a lot of attention and everyone watches and it kind of embarrasses her), but she usually gives in to his persistence and gives him a hug and kiss. It's one of those moments that just melts my mommy heart. :)
A lot of times before he takes a nap he asks me to rock him for a minute, which I absolutely love. He snuggles up to me and we sing a couple songs together. Then it usually always ends like this:
B: in a whisper, "mom"
me: "what"
B: "I Love you"
Me: "I love you to precious boy"
B: "Bed now"
Me: "Ok let's go to your bed. Sweet dreams"
I can't imagine life without Bentley. He is just so precious to me that I can't really even put it into words. He will always be my little baby boy. I love him to pieces and am so grateful that he is mine.
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment