Thursday, May 18, 2017

Eden's School Jog-a-Thon

Brad had the day off and we gathered the littles and headed over to the school to cheer Eden on at her jog-a-thon.  I didn't really think it through, but realized when we got there that she was probably going to want me to run with her.  Unfortunately I had worn my flip flops which were not going to cut it, so off they went and Eden and I successfully completed 6 or 7 laps.  By the end of it, the bottoms of my feet were kind of burned raw from the turf, but I didn't mind.  I was just beaming with pride at how well Eden did.  Last year's jog a thon was pretty hard for her, but this year she had a completely different attitude and outlook about it.  She was excited to push herself to run, even when the breathing got tough, but when she needed a break she was happy and full of chit chat while we walked.  She was smiling and having a great time, and kept saying, "I can do this!" It was such a fun experience.

Yay Eden!