After a lot of agonizing over the pros and cons, we have decided to say goodbye to Tierra Antigua Elementary School and hello to Coyote Willow Family School. The school just finished construction and will only have 180 students this year (and only 240 when it's at full capacity). They can stay at this school through 8th grade which I'm hoping will help avoid some of the heartache of the middle school years. The kids will now be in a program that is 80% in school and 20% homeschooled. More than anything, I am just so excited to have them home with me more and the ability to be very involved in their educations and learning.
Bentley is starting kindergarten and this year he will be in a K-2nd grade class with Mrs. Wong. He will be expected to master the kindergarten curriculum, but will be exposed and given the 1st grade curriculum if he is ready for it (which I know he will be). I just can't believe it's already time for him to start Kindergarten!! He is so ready to get in and be a "real" student. Eden has been his teacher at home a lot in all their games of "school" so he has been adequately prepped for this. He is more than ready for what they will throw at him. I know he is going to be a very eager learner. As far as I am concerned though, the fact that my boy is spending more time with someone else than me is so sad! I'm not ready to let go of him, but it is comforting to know I am sending him to a school that will challenge him.
Bentley is starting kindergarten and this year he will be in a K-2nd grade class with Mrs. Wong. He will be expected to master the kindergarten curriculum, but will be exposed and given the 1st grade curriculum if he is ready for it (which I know he will be). I just can't believe it's already time for him to start Kindergarten!! He is so ready to get in and be a "real" student. Eden has been his teacher at home a lot in all their games of "school" so he has been adequately prepped for this. He is more than ready for what they will throw at him. I know he is going to be a very eager learner. As far as I am concerned though, the fact that my boy is spending more time with someone else than me is so sad! I'm not ready to let go of him, but it is comforting to know I am sending him to a school that will challenge him.
Eden is in 3rd grade this year and will be in a 2nd-4th grade class which I think will be perfect for her. Her teacher is Mr. Doug and she is excited about the new dynamic that having a male teacher will bring. In his welcome letter he said he loved spending time with his family, playing board games, and reading. When Eden read this she said, "mom, he sounds just like me!" She is very excited.
She is nervous to change schools because she was really getting settled in over at Tierra Antigua and knew a lot of kids from her classes over the years. Fortunately, many families from church have also moved over to this new school, and her best friend Avery Haslam will even be in her class so that was definitely an answered prayer. She says she is nervous and excited, but mostly just excited.
Dropping them off on their first day was so hard and exciting all wrapped up into one. I loved that when they posed for this picture, they were holding hands. These two have a special bond and look out for each other. I love that they love each other so much.
The courtyard outside all the classrooms was still under construction. It's so exciting to be starting at this school from day one! I am excited for the many new adventures coming our way!
Just like the kids, I am both nervous and excited for this new school. I love that I will have them home with me more. I missed Eden so much when she was at Tierra Antigua because it felt like the days were so long, and I wasn't very involved. I am so excited for this opportunity to be very involved with their school experience, and I'm grateful we will have homeschool days to continue all our fun adventures all together.
So now, Tuesday - Thursday from 8-3 it's just me and these two cute little girls (who also happen to be holding hands for their picture). I am excited for the time I will have with them while the big kids are at school. We have many fun things to look forward to. :)
These girls are two peas in a pod. I love spending time with them too.




1 comment:
Such big kids! So far, we love Coyote Willow.
Post a Comment