It has been a few months since grandma passed away and it still seems so strange knowing she is really gone. When we were in Durango in July we were able to attend a very sweet memorial for her with all the people in Durango that loved and cared for her over the years. Now it was time to come to Moab to have the official funeral and place her in the cemetery next to her mom and dad.
We had a nice service and gathering at the church first and we were able to see a lot of family that we hadn't seen in a while.Granny's two brothers gave very sweet tributes to her.
All of my siblings were able to be there so it was very nice to see them, and the kids were so happy to be back together again.
On the way to the cemetery we drove by the old Apache Motel which is where we used to stay for the Burr reunions in Moab many years ago. I have very faint memories of this place because I was still pretty young when we stopped going to those reunions, but this has become part of all the stories in the family history.
It was so good to be together with our whole family. I wish we could do this more often.
Grandma was buried in a beautiful cemetery in Moab, surrounded by her parents and many other family members.Granny's baby brother Jim made her this beautiful box for her urn.
My dad and his siblings.
Most of Granny's granddaughters and great granddaughters.
Lester is granny's father.
And Eliza is granny's mom.
As a random side note, I have very vivid memories of these plastic or ceramic deer that grandma had in her garden. I remember playing with them often. I honestly don't know how they lasted as long as they did, but the next generation loved them and would play with them too. It was very fitting that this little deer was at the memorial as we said goodbye to granny.


















1 comment:
Granny Moe went back to Moab--aside from Durango, it was always home for her.
Post a Comment