Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Time is Precious

They won't be little for long.  They won't always beg us for one more book, or to hold them just a little longer.  

They won't always follow us from one room of the house to the other, asking questions about every thing we're doing.

One of these days, it will be the last shoulder ride.....
We will stop finding their cute creations and notes, and "evidence" of their little brains learning so quickly....
Some days are long and hard, sometimes they cry and fight (a lot), and they need way more than I feel like I can give.  But I am already VERY aware that the weeks and months are passing by too quickly.  Every bad day is way outnumbered by the days that are full of so many moments of joy that my heart could burst.  I am blessed to be a stay at home mom, able to have amazing adventures and small moments with my children every single day. I am surrounded by the happiest kids who love each other and love me.  This phase of life right now is full of so much joy.  I wish I could freeze time.

But since I can't.... I just try every day to soak it all in.

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

The thought of "one last shoulder ride" is so sad to me. I don't know how to have it both ways--have them grow up and be little at the same time.