Monday, June 1, 2020

Karly

 Karly, Karly, Karly - my baby forever. In many ways, I still treat her like one and she will soak in every bit of that!  She loves to snuggle me, let me hold her and rock her, sing to her, and carry her around.  She is my little buddy and sidekick, though I'm not nearly as fun anymore now that all her siblings are home to play with her all day.  This girl is a firecracker, a mix of her siblings in many ways, but unique in her own way too.  She is creative and playful and loves to perform, but she can also have times where she wants to be very quiet and focused on a small, detailed task.  She is funny and silly, and loves to have the attention of everyone in the room.  But she also hates any attention if she makes a mistake or something embarrassing happens.  She is starting to discover a love for games and tries to rope dad, myself, or Bentley in on them as much as she can.  She is also practicing her swimming regularly so she can be without a floatie soon.  That will be a good and comforting day.

She can sometimes have a pretty strong opinion about things and doesn't like to be told no.  That's a tough one for us all - but look at that face....

Karly LOVES babies.  We recently got to babysit for a friend while her family came swimming one afternoon and Karly couldn't get enough of this baby.  She doesn't play with baby dolls a ton, but she sure loved this real baby and didn't want to share her with anyone.

She is like her daddy and Olive when it comes to Star Wars creatures, and she loved this strange thing Brad brought home from Disneyland.  Her personality shines through in these photos and I love it. She has always been so photogenic.
She loves the turtles and spends a lot of time outside talking to them, trying to guide them around, and feeding them.
One other very cute thing about Karly right now is that she often likes to sing her nightly prayers.  Words can't capture it, but fortunately I do have a secret video or two of her cute prayers to a random made up tune.  It's the best.  So cute, and so sincere.

I just wish I could slow down time and keep her as my little baby, but at the same time, it has been so fun to watch her grow, develop her personality and become the cutest and most fun girl.  She is spicy, and silly, and smart and quick to learn new things.  Fortunately for me, she still lets me hold her like a baby so I'll just keep doing that as long as I possibly can.  Slow down time!  I love you Karly baby.



1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

She is very kind. The other day I was ironing and she just came up to me, got close and asked, "Dad, how was your day?" It was really nice to have her genuinely express interest in my day.