Well, COVID continues to disrupt life as we know it, but we continue forward, adapting and adjusting the best we can. Today is the first day of school for these three, and it's going to be an interesting ride! All school will be held virtually this year. They will have to meet with their classes online, not continuously, but at different time schedules throughout the day. I need to get myself real organized to figure out how to keep everyone's schedule straight. I've tried to stay positive with the kids about this being a whole new kind of adventure and that we will lean into it with our whole hearts. We will see how this goes!
Obviously they don't have to wear masks for virtual school at home, but it felt appropriate to mark this new school year as the year of the masks.
This year Bentley will be in 3rd grade with Ms. Kristina.
Olive will be in 1st grade with Mrs. Fox. This girl hardly knows what school's supposed to be like since she didn't get to finish her kindergarten year.
Eden is now in the CWFS middle school! 6th grade with Ms. Kelly.
Also, I am incredibly grateful for this home office room we planned in the house. I had no idea it would come to be used like this, but I sure am grateful to have this dedicated space for each of them to work in. Olive always enjoys being cozy in a blanket for her classes - cute!
And here's Eden's class and the view of her virtual peers as they work. Today they thought it would be funny to do a "Brady Bunch" type picture where they are all looking at their neighbor.
Here's to a new school year adventure! I am so grateful now more than ever to be a stay at home parent. I don't know how working moms are going to manage all this.
No comments:
Post a Comment