We had a free evening so I thought I would get a little face paint practice in on Karly before Halloween. Who would have known it would have turned into such a fun night! Once I was done with Karly's face, Olive wanted to match, which gave me an extra chance to practice on the Cheshire Cat look.

Then Eden and Bentley decided they wanted to do each other's faces and this is where is got really funny. This was just one of those experiences where I was fully present, everyone was, and we were all laughing and joking, and watching these two in particular teasing and laughing together. It was my favorite.
I could tell he felt a little weird about how to stabilize her while he worked so we were all dying laughing when he started using her nose as the perfect handle bar, and she just went with it. I love their friendship.
Then this was her face when she got the final reveal. Who knows what he was going for. He worked so long and hard, I think she was expecting something really good when she finally saw the finished product. Bentley's good at a lot of things, but we decided his face painting still needs work.
Then Eden wanted to finish it out with some real effort to make something pretty so we erased the cat from Olive's face, and Eden gave her this rose. Well done Eden!

Thanks kids for such a random, out of the blue, light hearted night full of laughter and connection. My favorite!




No comments:
Post a Comment