Just after midnight, Brad and I awoke to Ruby crazy-barking in the backyard, and then a big thud near the side of our house. Naturally we were a little worried about what might be going on outside. Turns out we had a racoon in our yard that Ruby had chased right up the side of our house and into the window bay of our dining room. Ruby just kept barking and barking, so there was no way it could stay like that. I said to Brad, "Well what do we do now?" and he said, "Well first, I'm going to go wake up your dad...." and before he finished I said, "No you are not!" Middle of the night, we were on our own on this one. So Brad, being the brave man he is, got a broomstick and fought with that guy until he finally jumped down and hopped over the wall. There were lots of words and hissing sounds shared between the two of them.


Ruby was Brad's faithful sidekick, and I kept my distance doing a video recording of the whole incident. Joke was on me though because as soon as the racoon jumped for the hills, he came running right at me!
Safe to say we both had a hard time falling asleep again after all that fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment