Oh Bentley - this boy. I have really loved having a lot more time together with Bentley this year as we have adjusted to 50% school. He is so funny, so witty, and catches me off guard often with his one-liners that make me laugh out loud. I appreciate him so much - he is incredibly precious to me.
I still get to cut his hair, though he doesn't like how long it takes me. In my own defense though, I'm actually super fast, but nobody is as fast as Bentley is at anything. He loves to do things fast, and efficiently! So thanks for tolerating those 15 minute haircuts Bentley. I'll work on being faster.
He has really missed all his buddies from his school class last year, so I've arranged with all the moms for all the boys to get together most Wednesdays after school for a few hours. They eat A TON of food, and they run and wrestle and have a great time. I love watching Bentley and the boys out there being crazy together. It's been a really good thing.The twins both really adore Bentley, but especially Indie. She says Bentley is her favorite and she always wants to be wherever he is, and doing whatever he is doing. He is very sweet and silly with them, and they giggle and yell, "Bant-ley!" over and over again.
I love looking through his school papers because he usually has really funny things written, or funny doodles, but this one I thought was a very sweet poem. It says,
"There is a place, that I love the most
Before any other in the world.
And there I sleep, and chill, and play,
and there is where I spend my days.
And there is my favorite place
to my house I will go!"
Bentley really does love to be home and is always looking forward to getting back every time he leaves. I love that he feels safe and happy at home. No wonder it's working out so well for him and I to spend a lot of time together at home these days! I love you Bentley and am grateful for your funny, witty, jokes and your clever and creative projects, and your sensitive and empathetic heart. I'm proud to by your mom.





No comments:
Post a Comment