Oh my Eden - what a year it's been for you! She started learning a new instrument (pedal harp), joined her school orchestra playing the cello, and the city symphony playing the harp, started high school, and is getting straight As, and started a job, and is progressing so much so fast. She blows us away with her diligence, dedication, and incredible work ethic. She has been involved in so much this year, and has worked so hard. I am really in awe at all she accomplishes despite some hard circumstances sometimes. She is passionate about music and she puts the passion into action and has accomplished so many incredible things. She also has the calling of ward chorister for sacrament meeting, so she even gets to direct the congregation in our hymns!
We have been able to attend several performances for AYS and we are getting pretty good at moving this big harp around.
Thank goodness for Lexi who is helping Eden so much with knowing how to count measures and when to come in on her parts with the symphony.
Even Ruby love Eden's harp music and will go lay down at the base of Eden's music stand while she practice. Cute.
Eden loves the sky and is always taking pictures of the sunsets and pretty clouds. I love that she feels awe and notices the beauty of the sky.
This little plant is on the stand next to all Eden's harp things where she practices. If you look closely, there are little post-it notes that look like the plant has eyes and a mouth, and the pink tag says, "Go Eden!!". And of course, she has a few chocolates for her reward after a hard practice. :)
She has her own phone now so we always get a kick out of looking through her camera roll. I thought I'd include some of the classics here so she can remember them too!
This is Breck, her bestie. These two are really close and I'm grateful Eden has this meaningful friendship.
She always has lots of pictures on her phone of the twins, and she is constantly saying, "They're so cute!!!"
Kally and Jaxon came down for a quick weekend to pick up a car and it was really fun to have them here. Looks like Eden surprised him with a little group shot. :)
She has lots of girlfriends and loves to go shopping. I love that they all still want matching stuffed animals. :)
Eden and Avery continue to be besties and I love that when they are together, they seem free to be themselves (which is usually very silly). I love hearing them laugh together.
She got to play a song on her big harp for sacrament meeting, and of course, it was a huge hit. She plays so beautifully and the music and emotion just flows through her so effortlessly.She continues to play in the retirement facilities and nursing homes. Right now she is doing lots of Christmas songs, which has been a lot of fun. I love hearing her play.
Eden is very humble and just doesn't appreciate how truly amazing she is. She works so hard, and sets and accomplishes so many goals. She loves new challenges, and is so strong at pushing through when things get hard. She has overcome so much, and continues to develop her passions and gifts in life. I'm so proud of her for all that she is, and for all that she is becoming.
Eden you are a treasure - so pure and beautiful on the inside and out. I love being along for the journey of your story and am so proud of you.













No comments:
Post a Comment