Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Olivia's Baby Blessing

Sunday, May 4th Olivia was blessed by her daddy in the Ventana Ward Sacrament meeting. It was such a beautiful blessing and an amazing spiritual day surrounded by friends and family. With it being fast and testimony meeting, I was also able to get up and bare my testimony and also publicly express my gratitude to my loving Heavenly Father for this amazing baby girl, amazing husband and incredible family I've been blessed with. It was such a good day.

Olivia looked beautiful in her blessing dress, the same one worn by her loving big sister Eden. Unfortunately, she didn't love the dress and would get fussy every time I put it on her. She still looked beautiful though. :)

We left for church in just a onesie since it was so complicated to get that dress into the carseat. :)

After church, we had our families with us to eat and hang out. There's quite a size difference between Olivia and baby London!

I love my family so much, both immediate and extended. Thank you to all those who were there to support us on Olivia's special day. We are so grateful that she is in our family.

P.S. as a very sad side note, the recording of the baby blessing accidentally got deleted before we could get it transcribed so we unfortunately don't have a record of what exactly was said in her blessing. Sad for sure. It was beautiful though, and Brad was able to jot down some of the things he remembered saying so we have at least some of it.

P.S.S Bentley was very involved in the photo shoot with Olivia in her dress. He actually made it quite complicated and just when I would get her settled and somewhat happy, he would do something to pull the back drop down. It was so frustrating in the moment, but I got this cute shot because I knew I would look back and smile at just how adorable he is.

No comments: