![]() |
| She has the most precious face. It's so beautiful and angelic. |
She likes to sing and be silly. She gets embarrassed if we make too big of a deal out of her, but if we casually enjoy her performances than she really gets into it. :)
She likes to get her hair curled, and LOVES if I put a little makeup on her once in a while. She still loves boots too and usually always chooses to wear her Frozen Anna boots that she got for Christmas.
We had her first parent teacher conference. Because Eden was only going to get half the year of kindergarten, we weren't sure where she would be academically and if she would need to do a full year starting in the fall, or if we would move her up to first grate. Mrs. Masterson said Eden is average or above average in all the subjects and repeating kindergarten would hinder her progress. Her strength is math - just like her mommy! We are very excited for her. She learns really fast and enjoys doing "homework" of any type.
| We got to make a leprechaun trap together for school. She loves these types of projects. |
![]() |
| I also let her color on her shirt so she had something special to wear for St. Patrick's Day. She thought that was pretty cool. |
She is doing great in Tae-Kwan-Do. I have already seen improvement in her physical strength and coordination, as well as her confidence. She loves going to class and is a very focused and cooperative student. She talks about it a lot and likes to practice her moves, especially when we are playing on the trampoline. At the end of every class they split into two groups and play dodgeball. Eden has found a buddy in the class that happens to be a whole head taller, and she uses this girl as her shield. Anywhere that girl moves, Eden is right on her back to stay guarded from the balls. Smart cookie right there, those survival skills are instinctual. :)
Eden loves to have jobs and responsibilities. You can really see a sense of pride in her when she does the things that are expected of her. I'm really grateful that she is now actually really becoming helpful and I love having her around.
Since Eden started kindergarten, I really miss her! It makes me sad that she spends more waking time away from me now then with me each day. I can't think about it too much because it breaks my heart and reminds me that all of my kids will someday not need me like they do/have. With Eden, because she was my first and because of her medical needs, I feel like I have a bond with her that runs deeper than the average mommy/daughter relationship. I love her for so many reasons, and one is because without her, I wouldn't be the person I am today or the mommy that I am to her or her siblings. It's hard to explain, but I feel like our very souls know and just get each other. I am grateful for her more than I can express.
Eden always enjoys to have some quiet down time when she gets home from school. After talking about her day, she will usually go into the office and work on some sort of art or craft project for a bit before joining in on whatever the rest of us are doing.
Here are some of her school projects and drawings. I feel like a digital copy of most her work is the way to go because otherwise we would be drowning in her crafts, art and school work.
![]() |
| "When it rains I like to play in the rain." |
![]() |
| I thought this one was kind of funny because she said she would eat ice cream and bacon on a box. ha ha that's random. |
I love you Eden, and can't believe you're going to be 6 soon!! No!!!










2 comments:
She is so earnest and obedient. She really wants us to be proud of her. Sometimes she'll ask, "Are you proud of me?" I love you, Eden. I'm proud of your best effort, no matter what happens.
She is so amazing! I can't believe how fast these kids are growing up. She is beautiful, inside and out. I am so happy for her.
Post a Comment