Monday, March 2, 2015

Snow!!

This past weekend we got a ton of snow! They say this is the most snow we have had here in Albuquerque since 2006. We never really measured but I think we probably had about 5 or 6 inches, which is a lot for us. And the fact that it all didn't melt away in the first day was a big deal!

On Friday, when we woke up to the snow, Eden and Bentley were very excited to go out and play. It took a good ten minutes to get them all suited up and ready to go.  Not even two minutes later they were both back in because it was SOOO cold. Bentley was done - he didn't want to try again. Eden just requested some sort of face mask. This was the best we could come up with.

Unfortunately, it still didn't last long. Friday was just too bitter cold. We had a fun and cozy day hanging out at home though as the snow continued to fall. Eden didn't have school so we had hot cocoa, played Legos and games, and snuggled up together and watched a movie. It was really fun.

By Saturday mid morning though, the sun was back out and it was the perfect day for playing outside. We had lots of good snow for building things. Bentley wanted a snowman, and Eden wanted to build an igloo.










I love this picture for so many reasons - Eden's got the perfect pose going on, and Bentley is kissing the snowman.  So cute.

And then there was poor baby Olive. I don't have any more snow clothes or anything that could have worked for her. This poor baby doesn't even have a real coat! I tried to let her out, but that obviously didn't work because she was instantly soaked.  She was so unhappy to be inside though.  
She loves baths so I took her up to the bath while the others played outside, but even that didn't make her happy.  She whined through the whole bath. So I took her back downstairs and she longingly watched them through the window. At least she stopped crying though...

I even got a few cute smiles! But if I tried to sneak back outside to take more pictures it made her very mad. So her and I had a nice time inside watching the others play. Next year we will be more prepared with snow gear so the whole family can play outside together.



1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

It dried up crazy fast. Saturday morning was crazy cold and snowy. By the afternoon it was warm. By Sunday the snow was entirely melted.