Monday, March 16, 2015

Olivia - 1st Update as a 1 year old!

One Year Check-Up Stats:

Height - 2 ft 6 in - 79%
Weight - 20lb 12 oz - 41%
Head circumference - 93%

Olivia is definitely our little snuggle baby.  I love it.



Love those baby toys and her adorable crossed feet.

She still just has the 8 teeth in the front, but is working on some molars right now.  Nothing has come through, but I can feel them on her gums.  Poor girl.

She throws some pretty awesome tantrums.  She will immediately and very dramatically melt onto her belly and start kicking her legs and smacking the ground with her hands.  It is so adorable and funny! Although this will not be adorable and funny when she is two so I really need to not give any positive reinforcement here!  ha ha  She's got spunk, that's for sure.

She doesn't care to stand on her own or walk.  Even if I hold her hands and help her walk she only wants to do it for a second and then drops down to her hands and knees and crawls away.  She can stand on her own, and she often does, but she has no interest in doing more than that.

I love the sound of her hands smacking against the tile when she is crawling fast.

She loves to climb! And it's so stressful! She has already fallen a time or two and gets hurt so I keep hoping she will learn, but she doesn't seem to mind!  If she is climbing and I take her down she begins one of those above mentioned sassy tantrums.

This was taken right before she used the handle bars as her next step up.
 She thinks my phone belongs to her.  I was just trying to take a picture of us and she was screaming because she couldn't reach the phone.  It is cute when she does have it though because she holds it up to her head and says "HI!" over and over again.

Just as spunky as she is with some of the less desirable behavior, she is that much and more with the positive ones!  She is so fun to play with.  She loves peek a boo and playing chase.  She likes to be tickled and will wrestle and get away.  She loves to rough house and be thrown around a little.  She especially thinks her siblings are awesome and Eden can usually get the best laughs out of her.  She has the most adorable giggles when she is getting tired.  I love it.

She still LOVES to be outside as much as possible. We had several days of 70 degree weather last week and I hardly saw the girl!  :)  She just wondered around the back yard and discovered things for a very long time.

The other day I went to the park with 4 or 5 friends and all their children.  The moms were all sitting at the tables in the shade and the kids played.  A couple other babies were there and sat on a blanket nearby and had snacks and played with little baby toys, but not Olivia!  As we visited, I watched to see what she would do and sure enough, she crawled way over to the play structure, went up the ramp, played on the platform for a while and then went down the slide! At the bottom of the slide, she turned around backwards, lowered herself down into the wood chips and started it all over again.  All the other moms were so surprised and laughing at her because she looked so small up there plowing through the big kids to make her way down the slide.  So crazy, and so funny.  I can't stop her though even if I tried.  She has a mission in her mind and she will fulfill it!  I really have to keep my eye on this girl though because she doesn't realize that she is a lot smaller and less capable then she thinks she is!  This strong spirit of hers will take her far in life, as long as we can get her there in one piece!  ha ha

She still looks like a precious little baby when she sleeps though with the little bum up in the air!

She got this super cozy cow pillow for her birthday and was a little weirded out by it the first time I laid her down on it.  She likes it now though.  :)



1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

On her tantrums and climbing...

Yesterday she and I were hanging while Bentley slept and Eden and Lisa went to go see the new Cinderella movie. She would climb up onto the couch, with a little bit of help. Then she would try to climb onto the back of the couch. I very nicely said "No, noooo. You'll hurt yourself." I didn't touch her or anything. Crushing heartache, tears of sadness, frustrated crumpled baby mess instantly appeared before me. As if I had given her the worst news in the world.