One thing about Bentley is that he hates lightening and thunder storms. This has been a hard thing for him for as long as I can remember. Sometimes when the storm is bad, he prefers to sleep in the movie room where it is pitch black and he isn't aware of the flashing lightening. We have been working with him on thinking through the thoughts and feelings so he can feel less anxious. I recently found this note on his desk, where I guess he was trying to work through some of those thoughts.
The title says "Ten reasons NOT to be afraid of thunder and lightening" and then there is only one reason listed "you have like .000001% chance of dying". Pretty logical, and those are pretty small chances so I can see how he was trying to help himself out there. I love this boy so deeply and am grateful that he feels like he can talk to us about what his struggles are. Fortunately, or unfortunately I guess, we don't have a ton of lightening storms here. We've got your back though Bentley!

No comments:
Post a Comment