She, of course, wanted her hair "flat" but I at least convinced her to let me pull the front back so it wasn't in her face too much.
She got lots of sweet "get well" messages from Steph and the kids - Painted prayer rocks and a cute card with notes from everyone. I hope that reminded her how much she is loved by so many outside of this room.
She did a FaceTime call with grandma and grandpa Malarsie. Obviously they did all the talking but I think she was happy to see them. Its so hard to tell right now what really makes her happy. She doesn't really react too positively to anything, but she'all occasionally crack a little smile which is our indication that whatever it is that's making her smile is a very good thing. Our dog Ruby also happened to be over there so Eden got to see her. Eden actually ended up getting a little teary eyed and mouthed to me "I miss Ruby".
We took lots more walks around the unit. I wish we could take her on a good walk outside to get fresh air, but when you qualify to be in the intensive care unit, I suppose that means you can't wonder off without a doctor around for some reason... Rules, rules, blah. I think we have proven to this team that we are very hands on and capable. I think I'll pick the doctor that seems to like us best and go for it - all he can say is no I suppose. :)
They also took her drain tube out of her neck, all while she slept. That is a good step. That's basically all for updates so far today. All is well overall.




3 comments:
Reading your blog again reminded me of years ago when we all use to be great at blogging! I hadn't heard about her surgery so I've been trying to get caught up. I'm glad it went well. It's heartbreaking to read, but you are such an inspiration to me and you have a gift for writing and sharing your feelings. I'm glad Eden seems to be feeling a little better. I loved reading about her dance party and trying to skip in the halls. :) I will pray for her full recovery and good news on Friday or whenever they decide to remove her tubes. You are awesome Lisa!! I miss you so much which is silly cause you live so close. We need to be better about getting together. :) Lots of thoughts and prayers for you.
Kristie
Yay for spa day!! I bet it felt so good to have her hair washed!! I am glad you can at least escape the room for short amounts of time. Even though you can't go far it's nice to have a change of scenery! Eden you are so strong and amazing!! We are sending prayers and happy thoughts your way. Ruby misses you!
Yay for spa day, yes, but the "mad dog" on her face lol.......that is not the Eden I know. I am sure her smile will be back soon. Love all of you!
Post a Comment