Monday, September 8, 2014

We moved!

So the lack of updates in the last couple days is a very good thing.  Eden has been doing great and feeling great which means there is a lot less down time for sitting and blogging.  I feel so incredibly blessed and completely blown away at just how much has changed in only a week.  The human body really is amazing, and her body is so strong and heals so fast.  Right now she is only getting Tylenol a few times a day for pain.  She is getting a couple nebs still every six hours, but that's it!  She is so happy and lively again and keeps us on our toes.

Sunday night I said goodbye to Eden at Brad and the hospital and left to Greg and Steph's house.  I was so excited to spend more than just a couple hours with Bentley and Olivia, and I was also very excited to sleep in a real bed, with real pillows not made of plastic. :) it was a very good night, and then yesterday I got to spend the whole day with my babies.  It was wonderful.  I was confident that things at the hospital were completely fine which made my time away even more relaxing.  Last night Brad slept at their house and is spending the day down there.  Our plan is to trade off now so that one is here with Eden and the other is down with the babies.

Overall Eden is doing great.  She still has some loud breathing sounds, especially when she is sleeping, but her vitals stay up and she doesn't appear to be struggling at all.  She has not needed oxygen or any kind of machines to keep her going.  It's been such a miracle.  I know we aren't out of the woods by any means, and we are sure to face more complications with this airway, but I truly feel like the worst is behind us which is the best feeling I've had in a long time.  It's a sense of relief that I can't really even put into words.  It makes me happy and so relieved for her.

She still has a very adorable, scratchy voice, but it is getting a little louder each day.  I still catch myself occasionally just staring at her and her long, slender neck.  She has the most adorable tan line all around her neck where her Trach collar used to be.  She looks great, and it's all so weird and exciting.

The plan is for the bronch to go forward on Thursday.  At that point we will most likely be discharged from the hospital.  Depending on how her airway looks, we will also know if he will need to do another bronch next week or two weeks from Thursday.  If he wants to see her again next week then I think the plan is for Brad to go back to work and the kids and I will stay in the area until that bronch is done.  If he decides he doesn't want to see her for two weeks then we will all come home this weekend and figure out our return trip in two weeks.

There are definintely some concerns I still have and will address those more after this upcoming bronch, but everything is going great!

This morning we had another spa day.  Eden got a really good bath, her hair washed, nails done, and then she insisted that part of the spa day was reading ten books, so that's just what we did.


Shortly after we finished getting her all cleaned up we found out they were transferring her from the PICU to the general floor and that we needed to pack up fast.  So down came all her beautiful crafts and cards, and we had to pile our mountains of stuff all around her in the bed.  It's crazy how quickly we acquired so much after being here for ten days.

Now we are settled in our new room and it's much more comfortable.  All is well and we are so excited about the progress being made!


2 comments:

Brad Justice said...

A conversation I had with Eden yesterday:

Me: Eden, what kind of party should we throw?

Eden [cute scratchy voice]: Well, we can't do a Frozen party (she just did it for her birthday).

We could do a Disney party!

We could do a Disney party at our Disneyland! Is that a good idea, Dad?

Me: Let's see...

Harding Family said...

Yay for moving and getting a change of scenery! I can't believe how well she is doing. She looks so much happier and more like the Eden we know and love. I am so glad you are getting to trade off more with Brad now and go spend time with Olive and Bentley. I bet that is great for them and for you!