Oh my sweet Eden. She has grown and matured so much this year. She is beautiful, smart, brave and so strong. I learn very important lessons from her everyday.
Family school has been a great fit for her. She has flourished with the increased responsibility and self direction. She has gained a lot of confidence and I have loved every minute of this experience with her. She just finished her first big project. She had a 30 minute presentation on ecosystems, complete with a power point, handouts and a crossword puzzle. It was awesome to see her up there. She was nervous, but she did so good. She will have another presentation like this in the spring. I love the opportunities she has to increase her confidence.
She is very good to keep track of her own work and makes sure she gets it done. I thought it was funny that I found this note on her homework page, tracking her finishing time. ha ha
As far as other news about Eden - she is doing great in piano and in ballet. She is a voracious Harry Potter reader. It's been fun to see her find something to read that she is so excited about. It's even more fun when she finishes a book, we tuck all the little ones into bed and we stay up late to watch the movie together. I love every minute of this time with her.
She is pretty quiet in a group setting, but once she makes a deep connection and is one on one with a friend, she is goofy and entertaining. I love to see this side of her when she is with friends.
She is loving the privileges that come with being older. She likes to have her own room, decorate it how she wants, and she likes to stay up later than all the others. She also loves to go to the mall and shop with me, although I've discovered she never really actually finds anything she wants to get. She just likes being together and browsing, and I really enjoy the one on one time with her.
Speaking of shopping, she is pretty particular in what she wears and wants things to just be very plain and simple. No pockets, buttons, zippers, shiny things, nothing - just plain colored t-shirts and black leggings. It definitely makes the wardrobe thing much easier!
I love you Eden - thank you for being you.


1 comment:
She is so into Harry Potter that she’ll wake up in the morning on Saturdays and stay up their reading for an hour or so before coming down.
Post a Comment