Monday, May 27, 2019

Eden's Poem

One of the many items I found in the stack of things that came home at the end of the school year was this poem Eden wrote.  It kind of stopped me and made me a little sad for her.  
I'll type it out here in case it is hard to read in the picture.
Older
By Eden Justice

As a baby I struggled,
I know more now,
I am longing for those old summer days,
those days where I just got to play.

I am getting older now,
sometimes I wish I was a girl again,
little and carefree,
I am trying to hold on with memories.

But I guess I'm older now.
I guess I'm not a little girl anymore.
I miss all the good laughs we had,
I guess I miss all things, good and bad.

I miss the old life I had.
I am older now.

Oh my Eden, she has always been a mature and grown-up soul.  How does she already know those thoughts of an old soul longing to be young again?!   She just turned 10!   Eden - you still have many carefree days, full of laughter.  Don't let them pass you by!

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

Eden is a gifted writer. She really is.

This little poem is amazing and a little heart breaking at the same time.