Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Bentley

This guy - he is just the perfect mixture of goofy, funny, energetic, athletic, empathetic, loving, and so many more things.  He is maturing and changing quickly, and I have enjoyed watching him try to figure himself out a bit.  He makes us laugh constantly and is the perfect boy for this family.

I was in by the piano watching Eden play and turned to find him like this - standing on the trim on the wall.  I often wonder what in the world inspires him to do some of the things he does.
And speaking of piano, he is doing amazing.  He is learning fast, and loves to play fast!  I often have to remind him to play the song in the proper timing because he usually practices everything at super speed.  His teacher has often commented about how quick of a learner he is in picking up the notes, but that he could work a little more on the timing of the notes.  I assure her though that it's not that he doesn't get it, he just really loves to do everything fast.  It's been incredible to see how his skill has really taken off.  It's so fun to hear him play.
He is on a new basketball team this year.  He has a few of his soccer team buddies that are also on this basketball team so we were able to get the last spot for the season.  He has improved and learned so much.  And it's also been a fun boost to be on an undefeated team that works so well together.  It's been fun to watch him participate and learn through this sport this season.
Go Warriors!
Bentley's reading time mostly revolves around the Calvin and Hobbs books we have.  He finds so much joy and entertainment reading Calvin and Hobbs.  And it really is the perfect fit as his sense of humor is so similar.  I think it has also inspired him to start drawing and creating his own comics lately, and he is really good! His drawing skills, and his creativity with the things his characters do and say is really impressive.  I get a lot of joy out of reading the things he has been working on.


This is a birthday card he made for his friend and I had a good laugh at his illustrations. He's just so clever!
Bentley - thank you for being my "one of a kind".  You are so much more than you give yourself credit for.  You are, and will continue to do many great and impactful things!  I love you!



No comments: