Olive is just a rockstar these days. She is doing amazing in second grade, and her teacher completely adores her. She is in a class with kinder-2nd grade, and she is definitely the leader of the classroom. She loves to help, and keeps everyone on task. It's also been very sweet for her relationship with Karly this year as she has helped Karly work through some hard times at school. She has been the best big sister.
We regularly get nice notes from Olive's teacher, like this one below:
She is a major bookworm these days too. Each night when we put her to bed, we have to set an alarm on her clock so she doesn't stay up reading too late. We often find her still up, way past alarm time, and somehow she says she never heard it go off. I guess it's never a bad thing that she is sneaking in more reading time. I can't keep up with her in finding new things to read though. It's awesome.
She has been doing a great job with her braces. Fortunately, it never seemed to be too rough of an adjustment getting used to them. She's just such a happy girl overall. At school for a project they made these cute mouth models and she even drew braces on her "teeth".
Olive - I just hope you know how awesome I think you are. You bring such wonder, creativity, and emotion into our family life and it wouldn't be the same without you! I love you for exactly who you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment