Thursday, January 27, 2022

Eden

Eden has become quite a dedicated, and beautiful musician.  Her piano and harp skills blow me away.  She has a gift of musicality that I feel is more rare.  Not only can she play beautifully, but she plays the music with so much emotion and it is inspiring and impactful to listen to.  She is very dedicated and self-disciplined with her instruments and her hard work is really paying off.   It's beautiful to see her blossom with these talents.
She is a very disciplined and responsible student too.  She takes her work seriously, and doesn't like to slack off, or prolong work she knows she has to get done.  The math load this year has been intense, and she hates how much time she has to spend on math homework each day, but she is dedicated and won't take any short cuts (even when I encourage her to do so!).  That self discipline and dedication will take you far in life Eden!

And, of course, she has the most amazing and beautiful golden hair.  We have fun experimenting with new hairstyles and techniques.  Now if I could just get her to try to curl it herself we would be making progress. ha ha



Eden has been babysitting her siblings while Brad and I do date nights.  We have appreciated that tremendously, and they all enjoy when she is in charge (most of the time).  She is looking forward to babysitting for other families soon, and has been getting lots of practice in with helping with Lola and the twins too.  She has been practicing changing diapers and Isla has taught her that she needs to be quick! 

She is loving being in young women's and is in her class presidency.  She works hard for her class, and also loves participating in all the fun teenager things.  I have felt that my time as young women President has been such a blessing so that I can be in there with her.

Her health has been really good this year.  Somehow we have managed to avoid COVID, and any other major respiratory sicknesses.  We will go back to Cincinnati Children's Hospital in April for some follow up on her airway and vocal cords, and we will also be doing more extensive testing into lung capacity.   We both look forward to this special time together, even though it's got some really uncomfortable parts too.

All her siblings like to tease her and give her a hard time now that she is on the brink of being "a real teenager".  She says they are annoying, but I know deep down she really loves that they look up to her and think it's awesome that she is "acting like a total teenager".

And lastly, for now, she has the best laugh.  You can't help but laugh along when you hear her laughing.  Eden - you are my sunshine.  I love you deeply.  You are incredible.

 

No comments: