Eden has such a fun and cute personality. She is constantly making us laugh with the funny things she says and does. Here are some of the things she has been up to lately:
A few weeks ago she was dancing and proceeded to spin over and over again. I was watching her and noticed she was starting to get pretty dizzy. All of a sudden she stopped and was trying to keep from falling over when she yelled, "Mom! My house is too busy!"
This morning as the sun rays were coming in the window, there were little dust particles floating through the air. I looked over and saw Eden jumping and swinging her arms like she was catching something. I just watched her for a few minutes and then she noticed me and smiled. Here's how the conversation went:
Me: Eden, what are you doing?
Eden: I'm catching things. Here mom, I got one for you.
Me: Oh thank you! What is it?
Eden: It's a sparkle!
She loves to read books. I had put the piano light down on the floor while I was dusting the piano and when I came back around the corner, I saw that she had found herself a good little reading spot.
She has a twin bed, but she always wedges herself into a tiny corner, or in between the guard and the mattress. I'm not sure this girl will ever be able to sleep in a bed without some sort of guard rail! :)
The other day I went to put Eden to bed and noticed a pair of pink pants all wound up on the back of her toy box. I picked them up and then noticed they were wet, and smelly.... nasty. So I'm puzzled about when she had an accident and how I didn't know about it. So I look over at Eden and she is wearing another pair of pink pants very similar to the wet ones in my hand. Here's our conversation:
ME: Eden did you have an accident?
EDEN: Yeah mom, but I got new pants.
ME: Where were you when you had an accident?
EDEN: In the bathtub mom, but then I got out and got new pants. (And she picked out a very similar pair of pink pants and I never even noticed that she had changed! Clever girl).
ME: Why did you go potty in the bathtub? And where was I? (I was so completely puzzled at this point because this girl never leaves my side during the day so how the heck did this all go down and me not know about it??)
EDEN: You were in the shower and I had to go potty so I went in the bathtub and then got new pants.
At this point I'm finally putting the pieces together and making sense of everything. She isn't quite tall enough to get up onto the potty without a stool or some help, so rather than getting her stool, I guess she thought it would work just as good to get into the tub and go potty in there. Ah kids.... So we laughed about it for a bit but then I gave her a better alternative for the next time I was in the shower and she needed to go potty. Silly girl, but I'm glad she at least chose to do it in the bathtub! It could have been much worse!
She still loves to go to the mall and ride the carousel. It's a great bribery, I mean BARGAINING tool.
Like many kids, Eden loves to watch the trash get emptied. Each Friday morning, she eagerly awaits the sounds of the garbage truck and when she hears it coming she excitedly bolts out the front door. She dances and screams as he rounds the cul-de-sac because she can hardly wait for him to get to our house. I have seen him laugh as he pulls up and watches her crazy excitement. I'm sure it's little things like that that make his day a little more pleasant.
She is such a sassy little thing. This girl has quite the personality!
She has turned a corner on eating and it has been crazy! Brad gave her a blessing, and since then she has been doing AMAZING with eating! In fact, we aren't doing her g-tube milk during the day as much because she is actually eating meals and snacks. She is also eating things I could never convince her to eat before. It's so crazy how fast things changed from one day to the next. We still have a long way to go, but she has been like a completely different child. Priesthood blessings.... why didn't we think of that sooner?! DUH!! It's been such an answer to my prayers.
We love you Eden and are so grateful to have you in our family!
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment