Well, it wasn't at all what I was hoping for. :) The running/walking wasn't bad, but the weather was HORRIBLE and FREEZING! I left my house very unprepared. I knew it was a little cold outside, but I figured once we started running, I would be fine. I had no idea the wind was so bad though and it seems like the longer we were there, the worse it got! Fortunately, before the run started, Erin shared her hat/scarf with me.


Since the run was called "Cupid's Chase" our shirts identified whether or not we were available for Cupid to use his match-making skills. Unfortunately for Erin, there weren't a lot of red, available shirts.

Here are the pre-run shots of the group, trying to stay warm. We were anxious for the race to start so we could warm up, but we had no idea what we were in for!



So the wind was blowing about 40 miles per hour, and right off the bat the course took us up a big hill with a huge dirt lot along the whole side. We were sand blasted going both up and then back down that hill. It was fabulous... Then the course turned and we had to run a big stretch directly into the wind. I think we were definitely working double strength just to keep us moving forward. Kally has been running a lot so she went on ahead as Erin and I stayed together switching off between walking and running. I'm glad I had Erin with me because we laughed and made jokes through our misery so it actually ended up being pretty fun.
On the final little stretch of the course we were running with the wind and all of a sudden I felt so light and free! :) We were definitely happy to be done! I couldn't wait to get into my car so my ears, hands, and face could thaw out.



So it definitely didn't leave me with a burning desire to do another 5K any time soon, but it was a fun experience anyway and I'm proud I did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment