Monday, February 18, 2013

Eating

Eden has turned a huge corner with eating! We are no longer doing formula in the feeding tube during the day anymore! She doesn't eat a ton, and hasn't gained much weight, but she is consistently eating at every meal and is making huge progress! We still do high calorie formula through her feeding tube at night, but that's it! This is what I have been praying for for a long time now, so I'm so grateful.

The frustrations, stress, and struggles with eating are far from over, because it's still a hard battle to get her to try new foods, and eat more than about 5 bites, but we have made huge, significant progress and I'm so grateful!

Bentley is still an amazing eater. It's been fun learning with them both together what new food ideas we can come up with. Bentley is awesome though and will sit and eat pretty much whatever I give him, as Eden and I work through every bite of hers. He helps me cheer and clap for her as she eats. It's fun (usually). :) I'm so grateful he is mostly self sufficient when it comes to eating. It's such a huge blessing!


And though I've had no luck with getting Eden to drink them, Bentley on the other hand LOVES green smoothies!

1 comment:

Riddlez said...

Small steps feel like huge leaps with this feeding stuff! That really is great progress. I know you know it's going to be a long journey. You've put in so much time, tears, and begging already, but I'm so happy for you to see some progress at all - and it really is a BIG deal considering where you've been. It will only get better. You're a great mom!