Friday, February 22, 2013

Our date in Phoenix, AZ

My husband is awesome. He is so thoughtful and fun when it comes to planning fun surprises. A couple months ago he told me we would celebrate Valentine's day on the Saturday following Valentine's day and that he had all the plans worked out. As it got closer he let me in on a few more of the details which was that my sister and her family would come stay with our kids while we spent the whole day away! I was nervous, and hate leaving my kids for so long, but I knew whatever it was, he was putting a ton of planning into it and he was so excited about it.

A couple days before we were supposed to leave, everyone but me got a nasty cold. As usual, Eden's oxygen saturation was bad and she was so congested. Bentley had a cough and nasty nose and was teething too so he was super grouchy. Brad also had it and was tired and not feeling well either. I was tempted to just call the whole thing off, but again, I know Brad had worked so hard to get everything lined up that it was so sad to think of cancelling it.

So Saturday morning 5:30am Brad and I were sneaking out of the house to start our adventure. I still had NO IDEA what we were doing, but was pretty sure we would be going to Santa Fe for the day. It wasn't long before I realized that wasn't the plan at all and that Brad was heading for the airport! I soon found out we were headed to Phoenix for the day!

We arrived in Phoenix and had a yummy breakfast at Paradise Bakery and then we headed over to a resort where we would spend the day. We had an amazing couple's massage, hung out in the hot tub for a long time, and just enjoyed the warm weather. We had a delicious lunch there at the resort and then spent the afternoon just talking and enjoying each others company. It was so nice! Then we did a little browsing around/shopping and then flew home. It was the perfect day, and so nice to spend it with Brad, without anything to distract us. And one of the best parts was that because we had to wait for a flight home, there was no pressure to just get back, or cut things short which I know I would have done if we were in Santa Fe or somewhere close to home. We were "forced" to just relax and enjoy each other and it was exactly what I needed!


Thank you Kally and Dallen for staying with our kids for a whole day, especially because they were little sickies!! We appreciate your help so very much!!

I'm so grateful for Brad and his thoughtfulness. He finds a lot of joy in planning big surprises and though it gives me a little anxiety leaving the house and not knowing what the heck I'm going to do all day, I'm so grateful he does these things. It makes me feel so loved and cherished.

I love you Brad.

No comments: