Friday, September 26, 2014

Bronch update

Good news! Once the bronch was done, Dr Prager came out to visit with me about what he saw and he was happy with the progress so far. There is some scar tissue but so far it's not causing any obstruction so he didn't do anything about it. She has been prescribed a neb for two weeks to try to help stop that scar tissue growth. He was able to fit a 4.5 cm tube down her airway and there was even a little leak around it. Last time he checked the 4.5 tube fit with no leak. Growth! He said too that it was doing well enough on it's own so far that he felt it wasn't necessary to stretch it or dilate it or anything. Amazing! So we have been cleared for a month before we come back for another bronch. Whoo hoo!

Since the procedure was so quick and they didn't need to manipulate her airway in any way, they actually discharged us from recovery so we didn't have to stay the night as planned. That was definitely a very unexpected and happy surprise.   

Eden had been fasting all day so she was very hungry. We went downstairs to the cafeteria so she could pick out her perfect meal. She chose a bagel with butter, chips, chocolate chip muffin, Oreos and water. Ha ha
Overall I am just so incredibly happy. As I was talking with Dr Prager I just felt so much happiness and a huge sense of relief. We aren't out of the woods yet, but we are off to an amazing start which feels so good. 

So after we left the hospital we drove down to Parker and spent some time with Steph, Griffin and Maddie. Today we have had tons of fun hanging out with Tiff and her kids. Wren and Eden have had so much fun together. 



Tonight is Jade's birthday party so we have been helping decorate and get ready. Eden is very excited to be able to be here. I'm so glad she has been able to have so much fun this trip so she doesn't always associate Denver with the hospital. 

In the meantime I received these pictures from home. Looks like the kids there are having tons of fun. I'm so grateful for my mom and my amazing hubby for taking on so much while I'm gone. 

Last night Brad text me this picture and said, " I just got up to get her bottle and came back as she was out!"
This picture is just so cute and so sad at the same time! I miss her and just want to scoop her up and snuggle her. 

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, Eden and I will board our flight home. It's been a good visit with lots of fun and some fantastic news so I'd say it's been a huge success!

3 comments:

Brad and Lisa said...

It's such a relief to be headed in the best possible direction with Eden's airway. And she doesn't even know we're taking her to Disneyland in a few weeks to celebrate!

Grandma Malarsie said...

I am so happy for all of you. What a great miracle and for sure worth a celebration.

I would have been a little worried about that lizard on Olivia. She usually has a great big smile and I can see that thing running right in her mouth!

No doubt Wren and Eden are and will continue to be great friends and cousins.

Harding Family said...

Yay for great news! Finally!! So glad everything went so well and she was able to have fun with her cousins! That picture of Olive is so funny! I can't believe she fell asleep like that!!