Monday, April 30, 2018

Olive Update

Fun, fiesty and so full of life!!  We sure love you Olive.  This girl really brings so much excitement and joy to our family.  Whatever she is feeling, she is feeling it very strongly and I love her passion.  She has the cutest laugh and most genuine smile.  I love that her eyes sparkle and you can just see that she is full of life, and that there is a good chance she has something a little crazy she is going to try to get away with.
 She has always had a natural confidence that I have admired.  She loves people and wants to talk to everyone.  She is always quick to make a friend wherever she goes.  She is also a natural leader and kids end up following her and looking to her for what's going to happen next.


She loves to dance and sing and perform for whoever will watch her.  She loves dresses, shoes, jewelry and anything sparkly.  The fancier the better!
She is trying really hard right now to stop sucking her fingers at night and she is so cute about it.  I knew it had to be her decision and I've just tried to help guide her to the idea that it was a good thing to stop.  She is on board with that now and is doing her best.  She listens to all of Eden and Bentley's good advice about how they stopped.  She lets Bentley tape her fingers, and she worked with Eden to make a sticker chart to get a prize at the end if she got a sticker everyday for a couple weeks.  Some nights she would be sad, but would choose to not suck on them because she really wanted to pick out a prize.  It's been so awesome to see her older siblings really bond with her over this.  I have pretty much completely stayed out of it this time and it's all working out so well! She realized that if she tucked her hands under her cheek it felt comfortable and helped keep her fingers out of her mouth.  I find it incredibly adorable.
She picked out a new Moana doll after two weeks of no finger sucking.  I'm happy to report that it really has stuck and she isn't doing it anymore.  What a great little team those three kids made to help her to stop.  She is so happy about it and feels like she can do hard things.  :)

Olive loves to have lots of clothes to choose from and she does good about rotating through them and picking new outfits often.  Sometimes she comes down with the cutest combinations, and other times it's the cutest because it is so random and hilarious. 

She is like a magnet.  People are drawn to her and I totally get why.  She is awesome and so much fun to be with!  Watch out world - Olive is coming for you!!

1 comment:

Brad Justice said...

I will always love you. No matter what.